directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Storing binary data in 0.9.1 fails (or data given back from the directory is changed)
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 22:55:57 GMT
On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 00:39 +0200, Stefan Zoerner wrote:

> Hi all!

Hi Stefan !

> I have a problem with binary data within directory entries. If I
> import an inetOrgPerson with jpegPhoto into the Apache DS (LDIF
> format, binary data is Base64), the image data is damaged in the entry
> (at least when it is read out). I tried different tools (import with
> LDAP Administrator from Softerra, native ldapadd from Solaris 9, ...)
> the result was always the same.

Sorry about it, this is a bug that has already been filed in JIRA but
not already fixed :

http://www.archivum.info/dev@directory.apache.org/2005-06/msg00225.html

or

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIREVE-163

<snip>

> Any suggestions? Configuration error? I used the default server.xml
> from svn and ApacheDS 0.9.1 on a Windows XP workstation (JDK 1.5.0_3),
> Client was Softerra@WindowsXP and ldapadd@Solaris9/SPARC.

Bug, for sure !

> Should I open a bug at JIRA? I volunteer for further investigation on
> this (I'm quit interested in images within my entries ;-). But I need
> some clues where to look (until now I only touched the surface of your
> directory server).

Well, welcome on board ! The best thing you can do is probably add your
test case in JIRA as a comment to DIREVE-163.

I gonna quickly check where the hell your byte are being changed from
random values to 63. Btw, 63 in ASCII code for ?, and this is certainly
a questionable point that apacheds transform bytes to ? ;-)

> Greetings from Hamburg,
>     Stefan

Auf Wiedersehen from Paris !

Emmanuel.