directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: searchable java context implementation
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:38:42 GMT
On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 11:00 -0400, Aaron Hamid wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I am intending to write a small service which maintains a list of "task" entries which
can be submitted, acknowledged, and searched.  The entries are going to be a fairly simple
flat data structure with things like 'submittor', 'recipient', 'submission date', 'message',
etc.  Although I could write a search API which searches on individual fields, or perhaps
a slightly more robust API that searches on a union of fields with implicit AND/OR semantics,
I think it would be much more elegant to provide something like rfc 2254 ldap search s-expressions.
 My question is: does anybody know of a searchable Java context implementation?  I have tried
MirrorCtx, and although it does have the nice feature of persistence, it does not implement
a searchable API (DirContext).  Actually I think there are several shallow "java" context
implementations (ubiquitously seen in applications like Tomcat, etc.), but I have not found
any that provide search functionality.  I'm thinking something
> imple like commons-beanutils property syntax, or OGNL property syntax.
>
> e.g. dirctx.bind(name, bean, ...); dirctx.search("java:/", "(|(&(color=red)(price>2)))(shape=round)(name=*foo*)))");
>
> It seems like a searchable java context implementation would be useful in many areas.

Don't know if it's really related to a LDAP filter as described in RFC
2254, but if you think that it is, you may look here :

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/directory/shared/ldap/trunk/common/src/antlr

where you will find the Filter parser and here :

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/directory/shared/ldap/trunk/common/

if you want to generate the java files and compile it.

You may use it as a basis for what you want to do.

However, I'm not sure that is what you want (was it you on IRC
yesturday?). Let us know !

Emmanuel L├ęcharny