directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to start ADS 0.9.1
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:28:51 GMT
On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 15:38 +0300, Kirill Kovalenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Probably I do something wrong but I can't start the server... I keeps
> throwing exceptions and says "Only 'uid=admin,ou=system' can initiate the
> first run." upon server start start and "Address already in use: bind" every
> time I try binding to the server.
>
> I have JDK 1.5.0_03-b7 under Windows XP SP2. Apache DS 0.9.1.
>
> Could you please suggest something?

Just try to change the port in a file called server.xml (it's not
included in the distrib, so you may have to get the one that is stored
in svn :
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/directory/apacheds/trunk/main/server.xml?rev=190709)

You have a property called ldapPort that you can change.

java -jar apacheds-main-0.9.1.jar server.xml

The point is that you may have a AD or ADAM running on XP, which already
use the 389 port. Just check it with a netstat -a | grep 389, if you
have a cygwin installed. Otherwise, sorry, I don't know which command
you may use on XP...

It should work...