directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Client library
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:16:01 GMT
> You don't need a booster pack to use any ldap functionality.
> You may need it for very specific stuff, but it's not a requirement,
> even when doing heavy usage of ldap client coding.

I have experienced this need of a booster pack two years ago on a
project where we tested Sun JNDI impl and IBM JNDI impl. Novell JLdap
saved us (from x4 to x10 on performances). It really depends on which
kind of usage you target your ldap server.

I may say that for 95% of application, JNDI will be good enough.

But when you have 10 000 users login between 9AM and 9:15 am ...

Emmanuel