directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Client library
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:02:36 GMT
On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 18:54 -0400, Marc Boorshtein wrote:
> Did I miss something?  I thought JNDI was the "apacheds" client API?
> Or was the original question about accessing apacheds directly inside
> of an app (as opposed through the LDAP protocol).
>
> Marc

JNDI is perfect 99% of the time. But we may have a more specific API,
(like JLDAP) that does the same work.

I don't see any way to access apacheds without using the LDAP protocol,
actually. But we perfectly could build an API that access apacheds
through LDAP protocol, without using JNDI.

So if there is a need to do so, it's possible.