directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Panicker <vino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA][survey] Who uses MINA for what?
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:32:05 GMT
Hi,

We are using MINA as the "Network Layer" in an Internet Server
Framework that is designed to support multiple Application Level
protocols.  We're currently looking at Instant Messaging protocols.
Its a closed source commercial project by Geodesic -
http://www.geodesiconline.com

We are using the 0.9 stream because it has a much cleaner API.  I
think that MINA has excellent potential to be the cornerstone of any
Network enabled java application.  IMO it should be provided more
resources and promoted to TLP.

Its unfortunate that I can't give more time to MINA, but will continue
contributing whenever possible.  The API does have potential for
further refinement IMO.  As far as scalability is concerned, we'd be
knowing that once I start doing stress tests on my app.

Great work Trustin!

Regards,
Vinod.