directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Panicker <vino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Anyone who can test MINA with ThreadPoolFilter in a multiprocessor machine?
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:58:51 GMT
> Hi all,
>
> I checked in the test case called ThreadPoolFilterRegressionTest in:
>
> 'trunk\src\test\org\apache\mina\filter' directory.
>
> This test doesn't run in Maven because I excluded it due to the time it
> takes. (about 10 seconds in AMD64 3200+)
>
> Volunteers, please test the test case in your multiprocessor machines.  If
> test passes, try to increase the number of loops and active sessions by
> modifying the source code.  (The modification is fairly simple; just
> increase the length of 'sessions' array and outer loop)

The test fails.  Here's the output -

Testsuite: org.apache.mina.filter.ThreadPoolFilterRegressionTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.464 sec

Testcase: testEventOrder(org.apache.mina.filter.ThreadPoolFilterRegressionTest):	FAILED
expected:<6052> but was:<6054>
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<6052> but was:<6054>
	at org.apache.mina.filter.ThreadPoolFilterRegressionTest$EventOrderCounter.setLastCount(ThreadPoolFilterRegressionTest.java:85)
	at org.apache.mina.filter.ThreadPoolFilterRegressionTest$EventOrderChecker.messageReceived(ThreadPoolFilterRegressionTest.java:166)
	at org.apache.mina.filter.ThreadPoolFilter.processEvent(ThreadPoolFilter.java:504)
	at org.apache.mina.filter.ThreadPoolFilter$Worker.processEvents(ThreadPoolFilter.java:293)
	at org.apache.mina.filter.ThreadPoolFilter$Worker.run(ThreadPoolFilter.java:232)

Regards,
Vinod.