directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Burmester <...@plushpix.com>
Subject Re: [mina] MINA server design question
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:23:54 GMT
Hi Karim,  If I am understanding your issue correctly what you
need is a way to correlate client requests with server responses.

In my server each request has a unique transaction Id in the packet.

In your case if you have an id, when you send a message to your mileage
server you can store a reference to the source session in a HashMap
with the transaction id as a key.  That way when you get a packet back
from your mileage server you can get the id from the message and use that
to get the source session out of your hashmap and the write the response
message to the source session and then possibly close the session.

One thing to keep in mind is that your mina server will be multithreaded
so any data structure you use to keep track of outstanding messages will
need to have synchronized access.

Alex.

List <dev@directory.apache.org>