directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [mina] Which branch to use
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:56:49 GMT

On Jul 3, 2005, at 9:52 AM, Matteo Merli wrote:

> Hi I'm starting the development of an application from scratch using
> mina as the underlying network framework.. I've seen that the current
> branches are "0.7" and "trunk"..
> I've also noted that there are API differences between those branches
> (like ProtocolProvider that is not present in trunk).

I had no idea that ProtocolProvider was removed from the trunk.
Trustin can you elaborate on this a bit.  All I know is the trunk is
the new 0.7.3 branch and the leading edge of development for MINA.
We are currently using 0.7.3.

I think Trustin intends to release 0.7.3 soon.  However I would like
more clarification on the presence of the PP interface.  This is
important to the rest of directory since our entire terminology is
based upon this concept.

> So my question is: what branch should I took and work on? Considers
> that I don't have to ship the application right now cause it's in
> early stage of development.. so which branch will be used for the
> "next" version of mina?

Until Trustin elaborates some more I think the trunk is the best
place if you're just starting out.

Good luck,
Alex