directory-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Licensing] Open Source verses Commercial Use
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:27:28 GMT
While IANL, I have run into these types of situations while building
commercial software and the company building the commercial software
that is integrating apacheds (and so JE) would have to buy a
re-distrobution license from sleepycat.  Even though it's integrated
into apacheds, it can't be relicensed as you (or whomever owns the
copyright for apacheds) do not own the copyright for JE.  The only way
to get around this is to ask sleepycat for an excemption for anyone
who uses apacheds in comercial products (which i doubt).

marc