directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Bharath Sundararaman" <Bharath.Sundarara...@starthis.com>
Subject RE: [MINA][survey] Who uses MINA for what?
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:55:58 GMT
Hi all.

I'm trying to use MINA to send/receive data to/from programmable logic
controllers (PLCs). I still haven't figured out if MINA is what I want
but I'm thankful to Trustin for this solid open source contribution.
MINA definitely makes it very easy to use the new I/O library and it has
been pretty straightforward to use.

I work for Starthis inc (http://www.starthis.com) and we're J2EE
solution provides for industry automation. I'm trying to optimize I/O
operations in my software using MINA.

Thanks to Trustin, again.

Bharath Sundararaman
Senior Software Engineer
Starthis inc
www.starthis.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Kaplan [mailto:groups1@memelet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:38 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: [MINA][survey] Who uses MINA for what?

I guess I better respond :-)

We are using MINA in the opensource project QuickFIX/J (there is no
specific page yet for the Java version of QuickFIX, but the overall
project page is at http://www.quickfixengine.org).

QuickFIX/J is a FIX Engine implementing the FIX Protocol
(http://www.fixprotocol.org).

So far MINA has worked out great. We will be able to provide users much
more control of the transport layer with MINA than was possible with C++

socket implement.

The source is currently staged in a private CVS repository, but that
will soon change. I'll post here or on the forum when the source is
moved the public CVS server.

--

barry kaplan
bkaplan@blackboxtrader.org