directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject [apacheds] About the search result enumeration order
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:31:38 GMT
Hi,

As you guys know, I'm implementing multi-master replication module for
ApacheDS. The incremental replication is done, and now I need to implement
full-DIT transfer protocol so that too old replication log entries can be
purged to prevent from the storage expand without limit. (This is LDUP
requirement AFAIK.)

So, I have a question on the order of search result here because of full-DIT
retrieval; Does enumeration order guarentee that the child entries are not
returned before their parent is returned? If so, we won't need glue entries,
which is a kind of placeholder entries that will be replaced when the
appropriate parent entry is retrieved. Otherwise, we will need them.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/