directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: losing packets when load testing my mina app
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 01:35:23 GMT
Hi Alex,

2005/7/13, Alex Burmester <adb@plushpix.com>:

> Hi Trustin, I have built a protocol router on top of mina
> and it generally runs very well.

 Great.

I have found that when I fire up about 100 threads and pound on it with my
> load testing client that I do get a few lost packets that never make it to
> the mina server process. I did a tcpdump and found that the server
> machine is issuing tcp resets on the packets that are not showing up.
> Not sure why yet. I assume that it's some tcp parameters I need to bump
> up on the linux box but I thought I would check with you to see if there
> are any tunable parameters in the mina framework or in the jvm that you
> know of that I should check.

 Well, are you using MINA 0.7.3? Please try to upgrade to 0.7.3 if you're
using an older version. You can configure all socket parameters by calling
IoSession.getConfig() and downcasting the returned object into
SocketSessionConfig. To configure ServerSocketChannel, you'll have to
upgrade to 0.9 for now.
 Please let me know the result after you upgrade to 0.7.3.
 Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/