directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [MINA][survey] Who uses MINA for what?
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:06:16 GMT
Vinod Panicker wrote:

snip...

>We are using the 0.9 stream because it has a much cleaner API.  I
>think that MINA has excellent potential to be the cornerstone of any
>Network enabled java application.  IMO it should be provided more
>resources and promoted to TLP.

I would agree with you on this.  However it's just a matter of timing.
Right now I don't think many people see its potential as we do for a
stand alone TLP.   Many may recommend putting it into Jakarta.  I think
its place as a TLP will come we just need to keep building up its
community.  Right now the majority of messages on the mailing list are
for MINA so it makes sense.  Furthermore a TLP makes sense since users
don't want to go to Directory or another project that is unrelated to
their specific protocol implementation.

This is in our thoughts, let's be a little more patient about it.

Alex