directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA][survey] Who uses MINA for what?
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:45:49 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:
> * If you're using MINA for open source software project, what is the URL
> of the project?

For completeness, we're using MINA here on Directory for:

LDAP
Kerberos
Change Password
DNS
NTP
DHCP

Although the status of full RFC compliance varies, they do all currently
operate with MINA.  URL of the project(s):

http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/providers.html

> * What do you think about MINA?  Praising, criticism, whatever. :)

I've been working with Trustin's code since Netty2 for Kerberos.  I was
very psyched to have him come to Apache to work on MINA.  Being able to
rely on Trustin's experience has made working on protocols a lot easier.
  Also, it has been fascinating to see the contributions come in from
other members of the community, especially when they were formerly on my
todo list and then were just done.  It's nice to know that while I'm
focused on other things, the protocols are getting more robust by virtue
of using MINA.

Enrique