directory-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Franz <thefr...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [bdbje] [Licensing] Open Source verses Commercial Use
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:12:12 GMT
As a way around the redistribution restriction, couldn't a person create
their application to use the Berkley DB JE API, but not redistribute it.
Instead have the person installing the application grab it and install
it separately. Therefore the person distributing the application would
not be violating the license while still letting them develop against it.

Is the above correct, or am I missing something?

Paul Franz