directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [Licensing] Open Source verses Commercial Use
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:16:55 GMT
Hello all,

I've been debating the use of JE rather than JDBM for use in the Apache
Directory Server.  I have been meaning to do this since this article but
had questions regarding licensing:

I do have a couple concerns associated with licensing.  First I'm trying
to determine if using JE and the exceptions in licensing make it
compatible with the ASL.  Fundamentally I would like to be reassured
that the following situation does not limit those using Apache Directory
Server:

Company A decides to integrate Apache Directory Server which now uses JE
into their product which they sell.

Does the license for JE require company A to have to license JE from
SleepyCat?

Alex