directory-dev mailing list archives

From Barry Kaplan <grou...@memelet.com>
Subject Re: ProtocolSession attributes race condition
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 02:22:18 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

> What do you think about using sessionCreated event handler?

That requires that the ProtocolHandler know the attribute for that
particular ProtocolSession. Which means I need unique instance of
ProtocolHandler per ProtocolSession. This also implies that I need a
unique ProtocolProvider per ProtocolSession, because I need to get the
value to the ProtocolProvider instance.

And that it what I have done. I have gone back to creating a new
provider/handler for each session. This is really not a problem, except
that creating a new provider seems a bit odd.

thanks!

-barry