directory-dev mailing list archives

From Barry Kaplan <grou...@memelet.com>
Subject ProtocolSession attributes race condition
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:32:48 GMT
I am using the attributes on ProtocolSession to add in domain specific
session extensions (ie, Quickfix Sesison's). Of course I can only set
these attributes after the ProtocolSession is created. But within the
call to ProtocolConnector.connect, ProtocolHandler.sessionOpened gets
invoked. The implementation for quickfix requires the attributes that
have not yet been set. It seems that the invocation of
ProtocolHandler.sessionOpened is async, since the attributes are missing
only intermittently.

Is there another way to poke the attributes into the session before any
callbacks are invoked?

In a previous impl (that I just got done ripping out last night) I would
create a new instance of QuickfixProtoclHandler for each mina session.
But I thought it would be cleaner to use the attibutes. Do I need to go
back to the previous impl?

--
barry kaplan
groups1@memelet.com