directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [apacheds] Adding an entry without objectClass
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:59:52 GMT
Trustin,

If the glue entry is temporary during the process of replicating entries
then an objectClass with just 'top' is fine if and only if later the
glue entry is updated with the appropriate entry objectClasses.

Cimballi wrote:

>"Top" objectClass is needed by propbably all entries (I don't remember if
>there are others top level object classes), but it's not sufficient because
>it's an abstract object class. You don't need to put this attribute but all
>your entries need an ocjectClass attribute with a structural or auxiliary
>object class.

Cimballi you make good points but are you aware that this glue entry is
temporary while replicating?  This conversation is with respect to
that.  The entry will not stay within the DSA with just 'top' for the
objectClass.  Perhaps the glue entry which is temporary can have a
'glueEntry' objectClass that is specific to ApDS.

What do you think about this Trustin?  Is that necessary in case someone
observes this entry during the replication process?

Alex