directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [server] Where is LDAP decoded?
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:25:44 GMT
Marc Boorshtein wrote:

>I'm trying to track down where the ldap messages are decoded from
>binary into the objects that are used and passed into the protocol
>handlers.  Could someone point me in the right direction?

That would be within the directory/shared/ldap/trunk/apache-provider.
We have a provider architecture for decoding LDAP messages.  The Snacc4J
provider was recently replaced by the apache-provider with minimal
changes to the message framework within the ldap-common jar because of
this pluggable provider design.

HTH,
Alex