directory-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Blanchard <blt...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Server GUI manager
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:26:59 GMT
Hi all,

I just coded a server manager box which can start/stop the server.
It can take one arg for the path to the conf file but also enables the
user to select one with a file browser.

I made those changes to the apacheds/main project :
-Modifying the project.xml file to add a resource path
-Added a "res" folder under apacheds/trunk/main/src/main/java
-Added to property files under "res". These are message translation
property files. ("msg.properties" and "msg_fr_FR.properties")
-Added a ServerMainGUI class in the org.apache.ldap.server package

I made this changes to gracefully stop the server and to make it easier
to manage it.
As I have no rights to put those changes to SVN repository, I would like
to ask who I can submit these changes to ? I will send files to this person.

Nevertheless, there is a bug in its usage when shutdowning the server
because of a DIREVE bug . See the created JIRA issue DIREVE-180
I made this work by changing temporarilly the
DefaultContextFactoryService as mentioned in issue.

Cheers,
Tony Blanchard