directory-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Blanchard <blt...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Case sensitive question ...
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:57:44 GMT
Hi Alex,
Remember I search for OU=CA,OU=system beginning from the system context
so I ask OU=CA

Connection :

// Set up the environment for creating the initial context
env.put( Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ldap://localhost:10389/ou=system" );
env.put( Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory");
env.put( "java.naming.security.authentication", "none");
pkiCtx = new InitialDirContext(env);

Seacrh code :

LdapName lPKI = new LdapName(pCert.getIssuerDN().toString());
LdapName lPKISuffix = (LdapName)lPKI.getSuffix(1);
Attributes lUserAttributes = pkiCtx.getAttributes(lPKISuffix); ("OU=CA")

Resulting Stack :
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - failed on
search operation:
org.apache.ldap.common.message.SearchRequestImpl@842d9a
org.apache.ldap.common.exception.LdapNameNotFoundException: Attempt to
search under non-existant entry: OU=ca,ou=system
    at
org.apache.ldap.server.exception.ExceptionService.assertHasEntry(ExceptionService.java:341)
    at
org.apache.ldap.server.exception.ExceptionService.search(ExceptionService.java:319)
    at
org.apache.ldap.server.interceptor.InterceptorChain$Entry$1.search(InterceptorChain.java:899)
    at
org.apache.ldap.server.authz.AuthorizationService.search(AuthorizationService.java:377)
    at
org.apache.ldap.server.interceptor.InterceptorChain$Entry$1.search(InterceptorChain.java:899)
    at
org.apache.ldap.server.authn.AuthenticationService.search(AuthenticationService.java:289)
    at
org.apache.ldap.server.interceptor.InterceptorChain$Entry$1.search(InterceptorChain.java:899)
    at
org.apache.ldap.server.normalization.NormalizationService.search(NormalizationService.java:160)
    at
org.apache.ldap.server.interceptor.InterceptorChain.search(InterceptorChain.java:545)
    at
org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ContextPartitionNexusProxy.search(ContextPartitionNexusProxy.java:230)
    at
org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ServerDirContext.search(ServerDirContext.java:608)
    at
org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.ServerDirContext.search(ServerDirContext.java:560)
    at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.search(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.ldap.server.protocol.SearchHandler.messageReceived(SearchHandler.java:126)
    at
org.apache.mina.protocol.handler.DemuxingProtocolHandler.messageReceived(DemuxingProtocolHandler.java:70)
    at
org.apache.mina.protocol.AbstractProtocolFilterChain$2.messageReceived(AbstractProtocolFilterChain.java:149)
    at
org.apache.mina.protocol.AbstractProtocolFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractProtocolFilterChain.java:365)
    at
org.apache.mina.protocol.AbstractProtocolFilterChain.access$1000(AbstractProtocolFilterChain.java:50)
    at
org.apache.mina.protocol.AbstractProtocolFilterChain$Entry$1.messageReceived(AbstractProtocolFilterChain.java:524)
    at
org.apache.mina.protocol.AbstractProtocolFilterChain$1.messageReceived(AbstractProtocolFilterChain.java:99)
    at
org.apache.mina.protocol.AbstractProtocolFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractProtocolFilterChain.java:365)
    at
org.apache.mina.protocol.AbstractProtocolFilterChain.messageReceived(AbstractProtocolFilterChain.java:356)
    at
org.apache.mina.protocol.ProtocolSessionManagerFilterChain$1.messageReceived(ProtocolSessionManagerFilterChain.java:77)
    at
org.apache.mina.protocol.AbstractProtocolFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractProtocolFilterChain.java:365)
    at
org.apache.mina.protocol.AbstractProtocolFilterChain.access$1000(AbstractProtocolFilterChain.java:50)
    at
org.apache.mina.protocol.AbstractProtocolFilterChain$Entry$1.messageReceived(AbstractProtocolFilterChain.java:524)
    at
org.apache.mina.protocol.filter.ProtocolThreadPoolFilter.processEvent(ProtocolThreadPoolFilter.java:96)
    at
org.apache.mina.util.BaseThreadPool$Worker.processEvents(BaseThreadPool.java:340)
    at
org.apache.mina.util.BaseThreadPool$Worker.run(BaseThreadPool.java:279)
]; remaining name 'OU=CA'
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3010)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2931)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2737)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_getAttributes(LdapCtx.java:1291)
    at
com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_getAttributes(ComponentDirContext.java:213)
    at
com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:121)
    at
javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(InitialDirContext.java:133)
    at
javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(InitialDirContext.java:128)
    at context.KeystoreContext.verifyCertificate(KeystoreContext.java:217)
    ... 35 more

I think this is also what makes CertSore not working correctly. But this
is not assumed now...
Best regards,
Tony