directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <n...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: FATAL in SLF4J, was: [VOTE] Logging Direction
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 04:26:13 GMT
Hi guys,
    A note to all of this.

    I sat down on the weekend to make SLF4J run. I immediately
encountered a NoSuchMethodError via a Spring dependency, via
commons-logging, to log4j (while I was running with nlog4j). I began
digging around to find the missing method (a call to a log(msg,
priority, obj, throwable) in Category, I believe) but didn't really want
to spend my Saturday afternoon working on a transitional problem.

    I'll work on this problem and report it in more detail, later. Or
perhaps it was a bad configuration on my part.

    This *does not* feel like the path of least resistance, however,
towards getting something as fundamental as logging in place.

Cheers,
Nick

--
ATLASSIAN - http://www.atlassian.com/

Confluence - the enterprise wiki - tried it yet?
http://www.atlassian.com/confluence/