directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [apacheds] Which logging framework?
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:14:51 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>And they have.  And there is work.  The JCL traffic has been quite
>significant ever since the WebSphere folks popped up.

That's great if these classloader problems are resolved then I see no
reason why we should not go with commons logging.

>We can start with SLF4J if that's what everyone wants, and just do a global
>search and replace to use commons logging later, once the new release is
>ready.

I'm willing to reevaluate this when the time is right.  It only require
a package name change which is nothing at all when we use a global
search and replace as you suggest.

Thanks,
Alex