directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [bdbje] [Licensing] Open Source verses Commercial Use
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:14:45 GMT

On Jul 26, 2005, at 1:28 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> This is unfortunately true.  However GPLed code can use Apache
> licenced products I thought.   INAL so I would not know.  Is it
> actually the case?

There is nothing in the AL which would prevent GPL code from using
Apache
licensed code. The GPL, however, does place restrictions on
what code can be used since, in general, the GPL says that no
other license can place restrictions or requirements on code
that the GPL does not already place on it (think of the
old AL and the "advertising clause").