directory-dev mailing list archives

From daune...@daune-consult.com
Subject RE: [MINA][survey] Who uses MINA for what?
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:02:24 GMT
Hi all,

I am working as a freelance contractor for a company called Banksys, in
Belgium.

We use Mina to communicate with Banksys 'point of sale' terminals (Visa,
Mastercard...) for technical management operations (software upgrade, remote
monitoring, log transfer...)

It is a closed-source project, although not really commercial (it is actually
not sold)

So far, Mina has worked really well for us. We used Netty2, and clearly
saw the
improvements in Mina. It like more the Mina API.

Mina really makes it easier to write applications using NIO.

The only problem for us is the API 'instability' introduced with 0.9
stream, as
we are in the process of releasing first versions of our application.

On the wish list, it could be nice to provide common classes to implement
higher-level protocol handler. We use a state-based protocol handler, and I
guess some others do so. It would be nice to share experience regarding this.

Thanks a lot for this great piece of software,

Jean-Fran├žois Daune

Daune Consult SPRL
rue du monument 1
6500 Thirimont