The Apache Directory team is proud to release MINA 0.7.2, a network application framework.
MINA (Multipurpose Infrastructure for Network Applications) is a network application framework which helps users develop high performance and high scalability network applications easily. PDF Slides and Tutorial is provided to flatten learning curve.
* Unified and extensible API for various transport types (TCP and UDP)
* In-VM pipe communication
* Provides both low-level and high-level API
* Stream-based I/O support
* Filter interface as an extension point; similar to Servlet filters
* SSL support via SSLFilter thanks to Java 5 SSLEngine
* Built-in thread pool
* Unit testability using mock objects,
* Smooth migration from Netty, a popular NIO framework.
Changes since 0.7.1:
* More documentation
* SSL Filter enhancement
* Several bug fixes