directory-dev mailing list archives

From Evgeniy Sinev <>
Subject Re: Summer of Code Application
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:15:47 GMT

> 1)  DHCP - DHCP codecs work, but without broadcast support in MINA and,
> fundamentally, in NIO, there isn't much to be done here until NIO2 in
> (hopefully) JDK 1.6.  I stopped here, so the handler workflow isn't
> totally complete, but should be straight-forward once MINA/NIO supports
> broadcast.  I consider this code dead until then and not a worthwhile
> project.

At this time I implementing BIO (old socket I/O) support for MINA
(with some limitations).

Broadcast IP message in this API also not available (under linux), but
DHCP-service may work sending multicast IP messages on the same
ETHERNET network.
For IP routed network (dhcp-relay agents) needs some testing.

Ethernet broadcast messages sends ok.

Evgeniy Sinev

View raw message