directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [apacheds] Which logging framework?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 19:44:20 GMT
> The JCL team has been invited to discuss each and every
> item specifically on http://www.qos.ch/logging/classloader.jsp

And they have.  And there is work.  The JCL traffic has been quite
significant ever since the WebSphere folks popped up.

IIRC, not too long ago, Ceki was pushing for Logging Services to take over
Commons Logging and replace it with his UGLI, which he later renamed and
moved away from the ASF ... renaming it "SLF4J".

 ref: http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/ugli.html

The threads are in the archives.  To quote one sane person: "it would be
great if someone could find a way through the politics and history."  In the
meantime, we should deal with real technical issues, and not FUD.

We can start with SLF4J if that's what everyone wants, and just do a global
search and replace to use commons logging later, once the new release is
ready.

	--- Noel