directory-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Summer of Code Application
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:58:14 GMT
> 7). Triggers, views and stored procedures
>
> Once subentries are in place I would like to have AAA's managing
> information for trigger, view and proc specifications.  Nothing like
> this is formalized yet in LDAP so its great material for potentially new
> IETF standards around these constructs.  The RDBMS world has em why not
> LDAP?

is the openldap license compatable with apache lic 2.0?  If so you
could probably use the jdbc-ldap bridge as a starting point on this
(implementing the bridge is how i learned ldap, i think the legacy in
summer of code would be quite appropriate :-)).  It's pretty moduler,
with the parser being seperate from the LDAP client api (JLDAP).  It
use to be based on JNDI, so if you go through the cvs history you
should be able to find the JNDI based backend that could probably fit
into apacheds quite nicely.

Marc