directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Bharath Sundararaman" <Bharath.Sundarara...@starthis.com>
Subject [Mina] Dynamic message detection
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:47:28 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to write a small client-server application where a server
will be able to dynamically decode packets sent by a client. For
example, some parts of the message sent by client can be of a different
type each time; I looked at the Sum up client example and I saw that it
requires some of the classes from Netty. Do I need Netty for an
application of this nature?

Am I being vague in describing the application?

Thanks,

Bharath.

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Kaplan [mailto:groups1@memelet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 11:26 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: blocking/polling events?

Trustin Lee wrote:

> MINA will work fine even if thread takes long time to process events.

> But There is a possibility that one thread handle more than two
> connection, and then other connection can starve because other
> connection's blocking.

For this particular scenario, there will be only one thread since the
entire fix-engine is to work in synchronous mode, all
connections/sessions included. (I haven't yet been able to determine
what types of FIX applications require this, but we need to maintain
backward compatibility.)

> By default, thread pool filters adjusts its size automatically, and it

> will increase the size of pool to maximum size (default is
> 'unlimited', oops)  if all threads are busy.  So you'll have to be
> careful.

What I have not configured any thread pool filters? Specically, no
protocol pool. Will there be then just one IO thread and one Protocol
thread?

--
barry kaplan
groups1@memelet.com