directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Mina] Dynamic message detection
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 01:16:25 GMT
2005/6/16, Bharath Sundararaman <Bharath.Sundararaman@starthis.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to write a small client-server application where a server
> will be able to dynamically decode packets sent by a client. For
> example, some parts of the message sent by client can be of a different
> type each time; I looked at the Sum up client example and I saw that it
> requires some of the classes from Netty. Do I need Netty for an
> application of this nature?

 SumUp example only demonstrates how to migrate Netty applications to MINA
applications with minimal effort. You'll have to use
DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory. It looks very similar with how Netty decodes
and encodes messages, but DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory is more clear.
 You'll have to take a look at DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory, MessageEncoder,
and MessageDecoder.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/