directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: blocking/polling events?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 01:13:50 GMT
2005/6/16, Barry Kaplan <groups1@memelet.com>:

> > MINA will work fine even if thread takes long time to process events.
> > But There is a possibility that one thread handle more than two
> > connection, and then other connection can starve because other
> > connection's blocking.
>
> For this particular scenario, there will be only one thread since the
> entire fix-engine is to work in synchronous mode, all
> connections/sessions included. (I haven't yet been able to determine
> what types of FIX applications require this, but we need to maintain
> backward compatibility.)

 Good, then you can do as you want.

> By default, thread pool filters adjusts its size automatically, and it
> > will increase the size of pool to maximum size (default is
> > 'unlimited', oops) if all threads are busy. So you'll have to be
> > careful.
>
> What I have not configured any thread pool filters? Specically, no
> protocol pool. Will there be then just one IO thread and one Protocol
> thread?

 If you didn't add any thread pool filters, it will run in single thread
mode. Everything will run in one thread. So you'll have to add at least one
thread pool filter if you're not using SimpleServiceRegistry and if you
don't need extremely high latency.
 Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/