directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [apacheds] Idea on revamping configuration
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:00:48 GMT
Hi all,
 I revamped configuration mechanism and confirmed all tests in apacheds/core
pass. I'm migrating apacheds/main, but not today because I'm tired of it. :)
 Please take a look at the branch 'direve-158':

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/directory/apacheds/branches/direve-158/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ldap/server/
 Please look at 'configuration' package first. Here are the list of changes:
 * Removed all configuration builders and EnvKeys
* StartupConfiguration handles all default values instead sparse(?) static
fields.
* BootstrapSchema, ContextPartitions and Authenticators are not dynamically
instantiated now, but users can utilize setter-injection. See
StartupConfiguration.setBootstrapSchemas(), AuthenticatorConfiguration and
ContextPartitionConfiguration.
** New ContextPartitions.init( upDN, normalizedDN ) method replaces dynamic
constructor injection.
* authn package has been heavily refactored and cleaned up. See
Authenticator and AuthenticatorContext interface.
 Please inspect the changes carefully so that we can merge this huge change
soon.
 Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/