directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject [apacheds] Idea on revamping configuration
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:22:37 GMT
Hi all,
 I added DIREVE-158( http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIREVE-158 )
today. And here's my idea:
 * Configurations should be POJO so that they are easily configurable
programmatically, and should provide some conversion method that converts
configuration POJO to JNDI properties. Here is my suggestion:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/directory/apacheds/branches/direve-158/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ldap/server/configuration/
 * Let's separate properties file from core completly and add separate
project that creates Configuration POJO from XML file. (Or we could just use
Spring Framework instead) It doesn't look good that many property parsing
codes are scattered everywhere now.
 WDYT? I want to make this happen before we release 0.9.1.
 Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/