directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Converting from netty2 question
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 05:36:26 GMT
Hi Barry,

2005/6/10, Barry Kaplan <groups1@memelet.com>:

> But I can't figure out one thing. With netty, quickfixj would save off its
> netty Session instances, and on a timer would check if they have dropped
> their connection. If so it would invoke Session.start().
>
> Is there any corresponding capability in mina? I'm using the
> ProtocolConnector, but it does not seem to retain the socket address after
> the invocation to connect. (Where netty Session did retain this
> information.) Am I going to have to create a little class to hold onto the
> socket address for reconnection?

 You're right. I removed Session.start() method. I added IoConnector
instead. Here is the example code:
 public void sessionClosed( ProtocolSession session ) throws Exception
{
 // Wait for five seconds before reconnecting; you'll have to perform
reconnection in other
 // thread actually. I just slept here for brevity.
 Thread.sleep( 5000 );
  // Reconnect.
 connector.connect( session.getRemoteAddress(), this );
}
 Possibly you'd better to extract this code to a method like 'reconnect()'
so that it can reusable in more than one place.
 Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/