directory-dev mailing list archives

From Horia Muntean <>
Subject Session Idle time not working
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:00:30 GMT

I was trying to configure a session to close itself in case of idle
time expiration. I am using mina-0.7.2.jar (grabbed from on a WinXP
box. The code follows:
    public void sessionCreated(ProtocolSession session) throws Exception {
        logger.debug("session created");
        session.getConfig().setIdleTime(IdleStatus.BOTH_IDLE, 5);

    public void sessionIdle(ProtocolSession session, IdleStatus arg1)
throws Exception {
        logger.debug("session idle");

Then I have just opened a telnet connection to the server and waited
for the connection go be cut off by the server but notging happens.
BTW, when I popup my telnet connection, sessionCreated and
sessionOpened are getting called on the server side.

View raw message