directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <>
Subject Re: [apacheds] Which logging framework?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:41:10 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>The JCL team has been invited to discuss each and every
>>item specifically on
> And they have.  And there is work.  The JCL traffic has been quite
> significant ever since the WebSphere folks popped up.

Sadly, there's no runtime that can interpret mailing list traffic.

> IIRC, not too long ago, Ceki was pushing for Logging Services to take over
> Commons Logging and replace it with his UGLI, which he later renamed and
> moved away from the ASF ... renaming it "SLF4J".
>  ref:
> The threads are in the archives.  To quote one sane person: "it would be
> great if someone could find a way through the politics and history."  In the
> meantime, we should deal with real technical issues, and not FUD.
> We can start with SLF4J if that's what everyone wants, and just do a global
> search and replace to use commons logging later, once the new release is
> ready.

Or, more accurately, we'll vote on the logging framework to use now and
possibly, in the future, someone will call a vote when something better
comes along.  Nice to see the Apache democratic process at work, despite
the filibuster.

View raw message