directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <n...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: is a org.apache.ldap.server.configuration.Configuration required in every JNDI connection?
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 02:50:46 GMT
Hi Trustin,
    Thanks for the quick response.

    Yes, there's no immediate problem here for federation. I realise now
that there's no problem in having to gain access to the original
Configuration object when creating a new JNDI context each time. I can
simply create a new SyncConfiguration() each time.

    Still, it does seem a little odd to have to create an empty
SyncConfiguration object each time and ensure it's in the environment
(or provides the environment). From the client's end it doesnt have
anything to do with the connection, unless I want to start the server up
or shut it down.

    But it works. :)

Cheers,
Nick

--
ATLASSIAN - http://www.atlassian.com/

Confluence - the enterprise wiki - tried it yet?
http://www.atlassian.com/confluence/