directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: is a org.apache.ldap.server.configuration.Configuration required in every JNDI connection?
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:21:02 GMT
Nick Faiz wrote:

> Hi,
>    It appears that *every* client connection via JNDI must have a
> org.apache.apache.ldap.server.configuration.Configuration object
> stored within it. In other words, whenever I want to bind against an
> Apache DS LDAP instance:
>
> e.g.
> ldapContext = new InitialLdapContext( env, null );
>
>    I will have to ensure that my env variable contains a config. object!
>
>    I understand that the configuration object can be gained from the
> Spring context but how will a remote client access it? Surely the
> client shouldn't have to know a thing about the configuration of the
> server, so long as it fulfills the general contract of behaving as an
> LDAP client? :) If I've misunderstood something, please let me know.

If I remember correctly only the apacheds specific configuration
information has been put into the configuration object. The JNDI
information still has to be put in there I thought.  If not we have an
issue because this will cause problems when using federation with the
provider.

Trustin was this the case?

Alex