directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <n...@atlassian.com>
Subject is a org.apache.ldap.server.configuration.Configuration required in every JNDI connection?
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2005 06:52:25 GMT
Hi,
    It appears that *every* client connection via JNDI must have a
org.apache.apache.ldap.server.configuration.Configuration object stored
within it. In other words, whenever I want to bind against an Apache DS
LDAP instance:

e.g.
ldapContext = new InitialLdapContext( env, null );

    I will have to ensure that my env variable contains a config. object!

    I understand that the configuration object can be gained from the
Spring context but how will a remote client access it? Surely the client
shouldn't have to know a thing about the configuration of the server, so
long as it fulfills the general contract of behaving as an LDAP client?
:) If I've misunderstood something, please let me know.

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. From org.apache.ldap.server.jndi.AbstractContextFactory:
   public final synchronized Context getInitialContext( Hashtable env )
throws NamingException
    {
        Configuration cfg = Configuration.toConfiguration( env );

     //...

    From org.apache.ldap.server.configuration.Configuration:
    public static Configuration toConfiguration( Hashtable jndiEnvironment )
    {
        Object value = jndiEnvironment.get( JNDI_KEY );

--
ATLASSIAN - http://www.atlassian.com/

Confluence - the enterprise wiki - tried it yet?
http://www.atlassian.com/confluence/