directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Kuykendall (TX/EUS)" <Paul.Kuykend...@ericsson.com>
Subject Re: Help with Apache ASN.1 grammar compilation
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:24:37 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 15:24 -0400, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>

>>Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>>

>>>I'm not sure that having something different than what we already have
>>>worth the massage... ("Wonderfull things are coming soon ..")
>>>

>>It's the soon part I worry about and any false advertizing.  I don't
>>want to look like we promote project skeletons.  Perhaps that's more a
>>personal mindset.  Perhaps we can say we are discussing these
>>possibilities and experimenting with them.  No biggy though.
>>

>Well, having disapointed user may be worse than having users that don't
>know we have a core ASN.1 compiler not finished yet... So what about
>shadowing this part of the site until we have a serious working
>compiler, even in beta? Will we ever have this ASN.1 compiler working
>before the end of the year?
>

>WDYT?

Hi,

As someone who started investigating the project primarially because of
the ASN.1 compiler, it is a bit misleading to have virtually nothing but
the shell.  What would be of much more value (in my opinion) is a bit
more description of the design goals, methods, implementation ideas,
etc.  Having some sort of information in the format of a wiki (similar
to the ASN.1 wiki, but with more compiler-centric details) might also go
a ways towards enticing additional contributions.

I've thought about looking into ways of contributing on this front, but
I'm limited to when I'm not at work.

My 2 cents worth.

/Paul