directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r190949 - in /directory/apacheds/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ldap/server/jndi: AbstractContextFactory.java ContextFactoryConfiguration.java ContextFactoryContext.java CoreContextFactory.java DefaultContextFactoryConfiguration.
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:56:13 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

> Alex, can I know why did you change ContextFactoryContext to
> ContextFactoryConfiguration?  It is not a configuration, but is used
> to provide narrowed view of ApacheDS core to extenders of
> AbstractContextFactory.  And moreover it doesn't provide anything to
> configure.  That's why I named it 'Context' (not JNDI context, but
> context in  ServletContext)

I messed up and thought it was a config bean.  I did not know this was
the replacement for the JndiProvider.  Was trying to remove confusion
between the JNDI Context and ApacheDS Factory Context that you intended
this to be.  I'll change it back or better yet we can change it once we
figure out a better name to call it.

I know what you're thinking :-).  Alex is on one of his naming sprees
... really it confused the heck out of me.  There are contexts all over
the place.

Alex