directory-dev mailing list archives

From Barry Kaplan <grou...@memelet.com>
Subject Re: blocking/polling events?
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:26:19 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

> MINA will work fine even if thread takes long time to process events.
> But There is a possibility that one thread handle more than two
> connection, and then other connection can starve because other
> connection's blocking.

For this particular scenario, there will be only one thread since the
entire fix-engine is to work in synchronous mode, all
connections/sessions included. (I haven't yet been able to determine
what types of FIX applications require this, but we need to maintain
backward compatibility.)

> By default, thread pool filters adjusts its size automatically, and it
> will increase the size of pool to maximum size (default is
> 'unlimited', oops)  if all threads are busy.  So you'll have to be
> careful.

What I have not configured any thread pool filters? Specically, no
protocol pool. Will there be then just one IO thread and one Protocol
thread?

--
barry kaplan
groups1@memelet.com