directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <n...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: auth exception - new spring layer
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:11:57 GMT
Hi,
    Just an update on this. I rolled back to a previous version of DS to
get on with my own work but it thought it might be of use to someone to
note that the Credential returned by SimpleAuthenticator isn't what Im
sending through in my client (jxplorer).

    It looks as though the server has to authenticate every once in a
while, using the SimpleAuthenticator in which case it does so
successfully using the 'secret' password:

    public LdapPrincipal authenticate( ServerContext ctx ) throws
NamingException
    {
        // ---- extract password from JNDI environment

        Object creds = ctx.getEnvironment().get(
Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS );
        System.out.println((String) creds);

    //...

    For internal auth. the output is 'secret'.

    *However*, when authenticating with a client the credential seems
more like a hashcode for a byte array: [B@cf710e  . If I had time I'd
look into how the credential is being set in the context for external,
simple authentication.

Cheers,
Nick

--
ATLASSIAN - http://www.atlassian.com/

Confluence - the enterprise wiki - tried it yet?
http://www.atlassian.com/confluence/