directory-dev mailing list archives

From Barry Kaplan <grou...@memelet.com>
Subject blocking/polling events?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:52:41 GMT
Quickfix sessions support blocking and polling of message handling. The
current implementation does this by receiving the messages (in mina
terms by ProtocolHandler.messageReceived) and storing them in a qeueu.
It then provides other method (block, poll) that process these messages
from the queue to implement the desired synchronous behavior.

I would like to do away this extra level of queueing (for more reasons
than I can list here). I could simply add a latch in the
ProtocolHandler.messageReceived, but I'm not clear what that would mean
to mina. Would mina get pissed that that its protocol thread(s) appear
to be hung?

I don't fully grok the mina code yet, but I see that, for example,
IoAdapter maintains its own message queue. So I suspect I should not be
worried about tcp getting backed up, no?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

--
barry kaplan
groups1@memelet.com