directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [ANN][mina] MINA 0.7.2 Released.
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 17:22:05 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

> The Apache Directory team is proud to release MINA 0.7.2, a network
> application framework.
>
> MINA (Multipurpose Infrastructure for Network Applications)
> <http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/> is a network
> application framework which helps users develop high performance and
> high scalability network applications easily. PDF Slides
> <http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/network/mina.pdf> and
> Tutorial <http://wiki.apache.org/directory/MinaTutorial> is provided
> to flatten learning curve.
>
> Feture List:
>
> * Unified and extensible API for various transport types (TCP and UDP)
> * In-VM pipe communication
> * Provides both low-level and high-level API
> * Stream-based I/O support
> * Filter interface as an extension point; similar to Servlet filters
> * SSL support via SSLFilter thanks to Java 5 SSLEngine
> * Built-in thread pool
> * Unit testability using mock objects,
> * Smooth migration from Netty, a popular NIO framework.
>
> Changes since 0.7.1:
>
> * More documentation
> * SSL Filter enhancement
> * Several bug fixes
>
> Trustin
> --
> --
> http://gleamynode.net/

Nice and sweet T.  Did you put the distros out there in the folders for
mirroring distros to all Apache mirrors?  If not you might want to drop
it off here besides in the usual place on cvs.apache.org:

/www/www.apache.org/dist/directory

Putting the distros into the bin and src directories respectively will
push them out to all Apache Mirrors.

Also putting the jar files here will push them out to ibiblio.org maven
repository mirrors as well:

/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository

WARNING: No SNAPSHOTS to be deployed here or I get yelled at :-).

Great job as usual Trustin,
Alex