directory-dev mailing list archives

From Soren Hilmer <soren.hil...@tietoenator.com>
Subject Re: [apacheds] A final summary for the changes in 'db_refactor' branch before merging it back.
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:12:36 GMT
On Thursday 23 June 2005 18:09, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Soren Hilmer wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Do you have a timeframe for the "merging-back" activity?
> >I am asking because I am going to make a "SleepyCat Berkeley DB Java
> > Edition" backend implementation, and would like to do that against this
> > new implementation, so I will not have to do it twice.
> >
> >Have you considered using this (BD JE) backend instead of JDBM? As far as
> > I can understand it, the licensing seams okay, and it is a bit more
> > mature (has transactions for one).
>
> Yes a few times.  JE actually appear after we had implemented a
> partition using JDBM.  I think the biggest impediment to JE may be due
> to licensing. It is not ASL 2.0 compatible.

I am not sure the license is incompatible with ASL-2.0. I read it to be very
similar to the BouncyCastle license, and at least Apache-James includes
BouncyCastle. But I'm not a lawyer so...

Anyway for what it is worth, I'm going to make the JE backend, and will submit
the work. You can then use it, if you like.

--Søren

--
Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager		Phone:	+45 72 30 64 00