directory-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [apacheds] Idea on refactoring Database, ContextPartition, and RootNexus
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2005 05:10:38 GMT
On Sunday 19 June 2005 12:15, Trustin Lee wrote:
> 3) DatabaseNexus and RootNexus
>
> The role of DatabaseNexus is similar to that of RootNexus.  We could
> forward any operations to appropriate Database implementation.  Using
> DatabaseNexus, we will be able to make RootNexus just a frontend to
> DatabaseNexus that translates complex JNDI operations into small
> Database operations.

I am not sure that I can the total impact of what you are suggesting, but I
would like to hear your thoughts on the following scenario;

I can create a Nexus that exposes an entire application as a directory tree
through JavaBean patterns and reflection. I can also create a wrapper on
legacy system and expose it as a nexus. IMHO, this has tremendous advantages
for system integration work, especially between systems that are
traditionally 'far apart'.

I truly liked the concept of a routing RootNexus, and Alex convinced me of the
value for setups explained above.
IMHO, it doesn't look as easy as before to do the above with your proposal.

Cheers
Niclas